- The Game-Design Trends That Turned D&D Into a Game Gary Gygax Disliked
- How Much Would Gary Gygax’s Second-Edition D&D Have Differed From the Version That Reached Gamers?
- Gary Gygax’s Thwarted Plans for Second-Edition Dungeons & Dragons
- The Best Ways to Track Initiative in Dungeons & Dragons
- D&D Locations and Tactics that Encourage Dynamic Combat Scenes
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: objectives
In “a priest, a warlock, and a dwarf walk into a bar and…nothing happens,” I wrote about how most players only find role-playing encounters compelling when they have a objective to achieve and an obstacle to overcome. Even encounters with … Continue reading