- The Game-Design Trends That Turned D&D Into a Game Gary Gygax Disliked
- How Much Would Gary Gygax’s Second-Edition D&D Have Differed From the Version That Reached Gamers?
- Gary Gygax’s Thwarted Plans for Second-Edition Dungeons & Dragons
- The Best Ways to Track Initiative in Dungeons & Dragons
- D&D Locations and Tactics that Encourage Dynamic Combat Scenes
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: theater of the mind
Before the introduction of third edition Dungeons & Dragons in 2000, virtually everyone played the game in the theater of the mind—without battle maps, miniatures, or other markers. In an effort to focus on imagination and roleplay, the fifth-edition designers created … Continue reading